Mediastinal gray-zone lymphoma
Use of this site is subject to you reading and agreeing with the terms set forth in the disclaimer.
Is there a regimen missing from this list? Would you like to share a different dosage/schedule or an additional reference for a regimen? Have you noticed an error? Do you have an idea that will help the site grow to better meet your needs and the needs of many others? You are invited to contribute to the site.
Note: Mediastinal gray-zone lymphome (MGZL) is considered intermediate between primary mediastinal B-cell lymphoma (PMBL) and nodular sclerosis Hodgkin lymphoma (NSHL). Given that it is treated more similarly to the non-Hodgkin lymphoma, it is included here.
|back to top|
DA-R-EPOCH: Dose Adjusted Etoposide, Prednisone, Oncovin (Vincristine), Cyclophosphamide, Hydroxydaunorubicin (Doxorubicin), Rituximab
|Wilson et al. 2014||Phase II|
- Rituximab (Rituxan) 375 mg/m2 IV once per cycle or 1 day before the start of EPOCH (depending on reference)
- Etoposide (Vepesid) 50 mg/m2/day IV continuous infusion on days 1 to 4 (total dose of 200 mg/m2)
- Prednisone (Sterapred) 60 mg/m2 PO BID on days 1 to 5
- Vincristine (Oncovin) 0.4 mg/m2/day IV continuous infusion on days 1 to 4 (total dose of 1.6 mg/m2)
- Cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan) 750 mg/m2 IV over 15 minutes once on day 5
- Doxorubicin (Adriamycin) 10 mg/m2/day IV continuous infusion on days 1 to 4 (total dose of 40 mg/m2)
- Filgrastim (Neupogen) 5 mcg/kg SC once per day, starting on day 6 and continuing until ANC >5,000/μL past nadir
- PCP prophylaxis with any one of the following:
- Only in García-Suárez et al. 2007: Darbepoetin alfa (Aranesp) 2.25 μg/kg SC when hemoglobin concentration was ≤100 g/l.
21-day cycle for 6 to 8 cycles
- Start cycle 1 as described above.
- Obtain CBCs twice per week for nadir measurements.
- If nadir ANC >500, increase etoposide, doxorubicin, and cyclophosphamide by 20% compared to previous cycle.
- If nadir ANC <500 on 1 or 2 measurements, use same doses as last cycle.
- If nadir ANC <500 on at least 3 measurements, decrease etoposide, doxorubicin, and cyclophosphamide by 20% compared to previous cycle.
- And/or if nadir platelet count <25 on at least 1 measurement, decrease etoposide, doxorubicin, and cyclophosphamide by 20% compared to previous cycle.
- Dose adjustments below the cycle 1 starting dose only applies to cyclophosphamide. The lowest etoposide and doxorubicin would be dosed at is the original cycle 1 dose.
- Can start new cycle every 21 days if ANC >1,000 and platelets >100. If counts are below those levels, check daily CBC and continue growth factor support until counts are adequate and next cycle can start.
- Wilson WH, Pittaluga S, Nicolae A, Camphausen K, Shovlin M, Steinberg SM, Roschewski M, Staudt LM, Jaffe ES, Dunleavy K. A prospective study of mediastinal gray-zone lymphoma. Blood. 2014 Sep 4;124(10):1563-9. Epub 2014 Jul 14. link to original article contains protocol PubMed
Brentuximab vedotin (Adcetris)
|back to top|
|Bartlett et al. 2013||Phase II, <20 pts|
This regimen was evaluated in patients with CD30+ non-Hodgkin lymphoma, as determined by immunohistochemistry.
- Brentuximab vedotin (Adcetris) 1.8 mg/kg IV over 30 minutes once on day 1
21-day cycles, given until progression or unacceptable toxicity
- Abstract: Nancy L. Bartlett, MD, Jeff P. Sharman, MD, Yasuhiro Oki, MD, Ranjana H. Advani, MD, Celeste M. Bello, MD, Jane N. Winter, MD, Yin Yang, MS, Dana A. Kennedy, PharmD and Eric D. Jacobsen, MD. A Phase 2 Study Of Brentuximab Vedotin In Patients With Relapsed Or Refractory CD30-Positive Non-Hodgkin Lymphomas: Interim Results In Patients With DLBCL and Other B-Cell Lymphomas. ASH Abstract 848. link to abstract