- ASH image bank - online collection of hematology-related slides
- PathPedia Pathology e-Atlas
- Hematopathology case studies with a virtual microscope
Cell markers & identification
- E-immunohistochemistry.info - immunohistochemistry characteristics by cell type and antigen; "An immunohistochemical vade mecum"
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC)/immunostain index
- Information about individual CD (cluster of differentiation) markers
- Special stains in histology
- My Cancer Genome - Information about specific mutations and clinical trials by mutation type
- Genetics Atlas (use the search box on the main page) - Contains wonderfully detailed information about genetic mutations, including images and information about associated diseases.
- Teaching Cases in Hematology: A Virtual Slide Atlas (http://www.pathology.ubc.ca/html/3DBooks/HematologyCases/index.html) - If login prompt appears, use username: dhplc password: hardwick
|Unit||Conversion factor||Low load||High load|
|Copies/10^5 peripheral blood lymphocyte (PBL)||1||8-200||>200|
|Copies/mL of blood (about 2 x 10^6 PBLs)||20||160-4000||>4000|
|Copies/10^7 B cells||1000||10^4-10^5||>10^5|
Adapted from: Rowe DT, Webber S, Schauer EM, Reyes J, Green M. Epstein-Barr virus load monitoring: its role in the prevention and management of post-transplant lymphoproliferative disease. Transpl Infect Dis. 2001 Jun;3(2):79-87. link to original article PubMed