Mediastinal gray-zone lymphoma
|J.C. Villasboas Bisneto, MD|
Note: Mediastinal gray-zone lymphome (MGZL) is considered intermediate between primary mediastinal B-cell lymphoma (PMBL) and nodular sclerosis Hodgkin lymphoma (NSHL). Given that it is treated more similarly to the non-Hodgkin lymphoma, it is included here.
|back to top|
DA-R-EPOCH: Dose Adjusted Rituximab, Etoposide, Prednisone, Oncovin (Vincristine), Cyclophosphamide, Hydroxydaunorubicin (Doxorubicin)
|Wilson et al. 2014 (NCI 93-C-0133)||Phase II|
- Rituximab (Rituxan) 375 mg/m2 IV once per cycle or 1 day before the start of EPOCH (depending on reference)
- Etoposide (Vepesid) 50 mg/m2/day IV continuous infusion on days 1 to 4 (total dose per cycle: 200 mg/m2)
- Prednisone (Sterapred) 60 mg/m2 PO BID on days 1 to 5
- Vincristine (Oncovin) 0.4 mg/m2/day IV continuous infusion on days 1 to 4 (total dose per cycle: 1.6 mg/m2)
- Cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan) 750 mg/m2 IV over 15 minutes once on day 5
- Doxorubicin (Adriamycin) 10 mg/m2/day IV continuous infusion on days 1 to 4 (total dose per cycle: 40 mg/m2)
- Filgrastim (Neupogen) 5 mcg/kg SC once per day, starting on day 6 and continuing until ANC greater than 5000/uL past nadir
- PCP prophylaxis with ONE of the following:
- Only in García-Suárez et al. 2007: Darbepoetin alfa (Aranesp) 2.25 mcg/kg SC when hemoglobin concentration was less than or equal to 10 g/dL.
21-day cycle for 6 to 8 cycles
- Start cycle 1 as described above.
- Obtain CBCs twice per week for nadir measurements.
- If nadir ANC greater than 500/uL, increase etoposide, doxorubicin, and cyclophosphamide by 20% compared to previous cycle.
- If nadir ANC less than 500/uL on 1 or 2 measurements, use same doses as last cycle.
- If nadir ANC less than 500/uL on at least 3 measurements, decrease etoposide, doxorubicin, and cyclophosphamide by 20% compared to previous cycle.
- And/or if nadir platelet count less than 25 x 109/L on at least 1 measurement, decrease etoposide, doxorubicin, and cyclophosphamide by 20% compared to previous cycle.
- Dose adjustments below the cycle 1 starting dose only applies to cyclophosphamide. The lowest etoposide and doxorubicin would be dosed at is the original cycle 1 dose.
- Can start new cycle every 21 days if ANC greater than 1000/uL and platelets greater than 100 x 109/L. If counts are below those levels, check daily CBC and continue growth factor support until counts are adequate and next cycle can start.
- NCI 93-C-0133: Wilson WH, Pittaluga S, Nicolae A, Camphausen K, Shovlin M, Steinberg SM, Roschewski M, Staudt LM, Jaffe ES, Dunleavy K. A prospective study of mediastinal gray-zone lymphoma. Blood. 2014 Sep 4;124(10):1563-9. Epub 2014 Jul 14. link to original article contains protocol link to PMC article PubMed
Relapsed or refractory
Brentuximab vedotin monotherapy
|back to top|
|Bartlett et al. 2013||Phase II, <20 pts|
This regimen was evaluated in patients with CD30+ non-Hodgkin lymphoma, as determined by immunohistochemistry.
- Brentuximab vedotin (Adcetris) 1.8 mg/kg IV over 30 minutes once on day 1
21-day cycles, given until progression or unacceptable toxicity
- Abstract: Nancy L. Bartlett, MD, Jeff P. Sharman, MD, Yasuhiro Oki, MD, Ranjana H. Advani, MD, Celeste M. Bello, MD, Jane N. Winter, MD, Yin Yang, MS, Dana A. Kennedy, PharmD and Eric D. Jacobsen, MD. A Phase 2 Study Of Brentuximab Vedotin In Patients With Relapsed Or Refractory CD30-Positive Non-Hodgkin Lymphomas: Interim Results In Patients With DLBCL and Other B-Cell Lymphomas. ASH Abstract 848. link to abstract