Use of this site is subject to you reading and agreeing with the terms set forth in the disclaimer. If this is your first time visiting, we suggest you read the tutorial.
Is there a regimen missing from this list? Would you like to share a different dosage/schedule or an additional reference for a regimen? Have you noticed an error? Do you have an idea that will help the site grow to better meet your needs and the needs of many others? You are invited to contribute to the site.
5 regimens on this page
5 variants on this page
If you're looking for squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) regimens, they've been moved to a separate page.
Bleomycin & Cisplatin
Case reports only.
21-day cycle for 3 cycles
- Denic S. Preoperative treatment of advanced skin carcinoma with cisplatin and bleomycin. Am J Clin Oncol. 1999 Feb;22(1):32-4. link to original article contains protocol PubMed
Advanced or metastatic disease, all lines of therapy
Cisplatin & Doxorubicin
- Guthrie TH, Porubsky ES. Successful systemic chemotherapy of advanced squamous and basal cell carcinoma of the skin with cis-diamminedichloroplatinum III and doxorubicin. Laryngoscope. 1982 Nov;92(11):1298-9. PubMed
- Guthrie TH Jr, McElveen LJ, Porubsky ES, Harmon JD. Cisplatin and doxorubicin. An effective chemotherapy combination in the treatment of advanced basal cell and squamous carcinoma of the skin. Cancer. 1985 Apr 15;55(8):1629-32. PubMed
- Guthrie TH Jr, Porubsky ES, Luxenberg MN, Shah KJ, Wurtz KL, Watson PR. Cisplatin-based chemotherapy in advanced basal and squamous cell carcinomas of the skin: results in 28 patients including 13 patients receiving multimodality therapy. J Clin Oncol. 1990 Feb;8(2):342-6. link to original article contains verified protocol PubMed
Cisplatin & Paclitaxel
Case report only.
- Jefford M, Kiffer JD, Somers G, Daniel FJ, Davis ID. Metastatic basal cell carcinoma: rapid symptomatic response to cisplatin and paclitaxel. ANZ J Surg. 2004 Aug;74(8):704-5. link to original article contains verified protocol PubMed
In BOLT, 200 mg was assessed as having a better benefit-to-risk profile than the other tested dose, 800 mg.
Given until progression of disease or unacceptable toxicity
- Migden MR, Guminski A, Gutzmer R, Dirix L, Lewis KD, Combemale P, Herd RM, Kudchadkar R, Trefzer U, Gogov S, Pallaud C, Yi T, Mone M, Kaatz M, Loquai C, Stratigos AJ, Schulze HJ, Plummer R, Chang AL, Cornélis F, Lear JT, Sellami D, Dummer R. Treatment with two different doses of sonidegib in patients with locally advanced or metastatic basal cell carcinoma (BOLT): a multicentre, randomised, double-blind phase 2 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2015 Jun;16(6):716-28. link to original article contains verified protocol PubMed
- Phase I: Von Hoff DD, LoRusso PM, Rudin CM, Reddy JC, Yauch RL, Tibes R, Weiss GJ, Borad MJ, Hann CL, Brahmer JR, Mackey HM, Lum BL, Darbonne WC, Marsters JC Jr, de Sauvage FJ, Low JA. Inhibition of the hedgehog pathway in advanced basal-cell carcinoma. N Engl J Med. 2009 Sep 17;361(12):1164-72. Epub 2009 Sep 2. link to original article contains verified protocol PubMed
- Phase I: LoRusso PM, Rudin CM, Reddy JC, Tibes R, Weiss GJ, Borad MJ, Hann CL, Brahmer JR, Chang I, Darbonne WC, Graham RA, Zerivitz KL, Low JA, Von Hoff DD. Phase I trial of hedgehog pathway inhibitor vismodegib (GDC-0449) in patients with refractory, locally advanced or metastatic solid tumors. Clin Cancer Res. 2011 Apr 15;17(8):2502-11. Epub 2011 Feb 7. link to original article contains verified protocol link to PMC article PubMed
- Sekulic A, Migden MR, Oro AE, Dirix L, Lewis KD, Hainsworth JD, Solomon JA, Yoo S, Arron ST, Friedlander PA, Marmur E, Rudin CM, Chang AL, Low JA, Mackey HM, Yauch RL, Graham RA, Reddy JC, Hauschild A. Efficacy and safety of vismodegib in advanced basal-cell carcinoma. N Engl J Med. 2012 Jun 7;366(23):2171-9. link to original article link to PMC article PubMed