For conciseness and simplicity, HemOnc.org currently will focus on treatment regimens and not list information such as: renal/hepatic dose adjustments, metabolism (including CYP450), excretion, monitoring parameters (although this will be considered for checklists), or manufacturer. Instead, for the most current information, please refer to your preferred pharmacopeias such as Micromedex, Lexicomp, UpToDate (courtesy of Lexicomp), or the prescribing information.
Diseases for which it is used
Patient drug information
- Fulvestrant (Faslodex) package insert
- Fulvestrant (Faslodex) patient drug information (Chemocare)
- Fulvestrant (Faslodex) patient drug information (UpToDate)
History of changes in FDA indication
- 4/25/2002: Initial FDA approval for "the treatment of hormone receptor positive metastatic breast cancer in postmenopausal women with disease progression following antiestrogen therapy.
Also known as
- Code name: ICI 182780
- Brand names: Faslodex, Fasnorm, Fulvenat, Fulvidax, Fuvestrol