For conciseness and simplicity, HemOnc.org currently will focus on treatment regimens and not list information such as: renal/hepatic dose adjustments, metabolism (including CYP450), excretion, monitoring parameters (although this will be considered for checklists), or manufacturer. Instead, for the most current information, please refer to your preferred pharmacopeias such as Micromedex, Lexicomp, UpToDate (courtesy of Lexicomp), or the prescribing information.
Diseases for which it is used
Patient drug information
- Toremifene (Fareston) patient drug information (Chemocare)
- Toremifene (Fareston) patient drug information (UpToDate)
History of changes in FDA indication
- 1997-05-29: Initial approval for the treatment of metastatic breast cancer in postmenopausal women with estrogen-receptor positive or unknown tumors. (Based on Gershanovich et al. 1997, Hayes et al. 1995, Pyrhönen et al. 1997)
History of changes in EMA indication
- 1996-02-14: Initial authorization
- Indicated as first line hormone treatment of hormone-dependent metastatic breast cancer in postmenopausal patients. Fareston is not recommended for patients with estrogen receptor negative tumours.
Also known as
- Brand names: Acapodene, Fareston, Farestone