For conciseness and simplicity, HemOnc.org currently will focus on treatment regimens and not list information such as: renal/hepatic dose adjustments, metabolism (including CYP450), excretion, monitoring parameters (although this will be considered for checklists), or manufacturer. Instead, for the most current information, please refer to your preferred pharmacopeias such as Micromedex, Lexicomp, UpToDate (courtesy of Lexicomp), or the prescribing information.
Patient drug information
- Rivaroxaban (Xarelto) package insert
- Rivaroxaban (Xarelto) patient drug information (UpToDate)
History of changes in FDA indication
- 7/1/2011: FDA approved "for the prophylaxis of DVT, which may lead to PE in patients undergoing knee or hip replacement surgery."
- 11/4/2011: FDA approved "to reduce the risk of stroke and systemic embolism in patients with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation."
- 11/2/2012: FDA approved for the treatment of deep vein thrombosis (DVT), pulmonary embolism (PE), and for the reduction in the risk of recurrence of DVT and of PE."
Also known as
- Code name: BAY 59-7939
- Brand name: Xarelto