Immune effector cells toxicity management
|Page co-editor||Page co-editor|
|Leyre Zubiri, MD, PhD
Massachusetts General Hospital
|Matthew Hadfield, DO|
The purpose of this page is to address the management of toxicity from bispecific T-cell engager and immune effector cell (IEC) therapy, notably CAR-T. There is a separate page for the management of immune checkpoint inhibitor (ICI) toxicities, available here.
- We have moved How I Treat articles to a dedicated page.
Given the rapid change in evidence in many areas of hematology/oncology, readers are encouraged to consider any article published 5+ years ago to be for historical purposes, only.
- 2021: Santomasso et al. Management of Immune-Related Adverse Events in Patients Treated With Chimeric Antigen Receptor T-Cell Therapy: ASCO Guideline
- 2019: Lee et al. ASTCT Consensus Grading for Cytokine Release Syndrome and Neurologic Toxicity Associated with Immune Effector Cells
- 2023: Rejeski et al. Immune effector cell-associated hematotoxicity: EHA/EBMT consensus grading and best practice recommendations PubMed
- 2022: Hayden et al. Management of adults and children receiving CAR T-cell therapy: 2021 best practice recommendations of the European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT) and the Joint Accreditation Committee of ISCT and EBMT (JACIE) and the European Haematology Association (EHA) PubMed
- 2020: Maus et al. Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) clinical practice guideline on immune effector cell-related adverse events