Class/mechanism: Taxane, promotes assembly of microtubules, stablizes microtubules, preventing depolymerization, inhibiting interphase/mitosis processes.
Extravasation: no information
For conciseness and simplicity, HemOnc.org currently will focus on treatment regimens and not list information such as: renal/hepatic dose adjustments, metabolism (including CYP450), excretion, monitoring parameters (although this will be considered for checklists), or manufacturer. Instead, for the most current information, please refer to your preferred pharmacopeias such as Micromedex, Lexicomp, Medscape, UpToDate (courtesy of Lexicomp), or the prescribing information.
Diseases for which it is used
Patient drug information
- Cabazitaxel (Jevtana) package insert
- Cabazitaxel (Jevtana) patient drug information (Chemocare)
- Cabazitaxel (Jevtana) patient drug information (UpToDate)
History of changes in FDA indication
- 6/17/2010: Initial FDA approval "in combination with prednisone for treatment of patients with hormone-refractory metastatic prostate cancer previously treated with a docetaxel-containing treatment regimen."
- 9/14/2017: FDA approved a lower dose (20 mg/m2 every 3 weeks) in combination with prednisone for the treatment of patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer previously treated with a docetaxel-containing treatment regimen.
Also known as
- Code names: XRP6258, TXD258, RPR116258A
- Brand name: Jevtana