Class/mechanism: Humanized monoclonal anti-CD20 antibody, which binds to cells expressing CD20 (human B-lymphocyte-restricted differentiation antigen, Bp35). Veltuzumab has been observed to have apoptotic, anti-proliferative, and antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxic (ADCC) effects.
Extravasation: no information
For conciseness and simplicity, HemOnc.org currently will focus on treatment regimens and not list information such as: renal/hepatic dose adjustments, metabolism (including CYP450), excretion, monitoring parameters (although this will be considered for checklists), or manufacturer. Instead, for the most current information, please refer to your preferred pharmacopeias such as Micromedex, Lexicomp, UpToDate (courtesy of Lexicomp), or the prescribing information.
Patient drug information
No information available.
Also known as
- Code name: IMMU-160
- Veltuzumab (hA20) manufacturer's website
- Goldenberg DM, Rossi EA, Stein R, Cardillo TM, Czuczman MS, Hernandez-Ilizaliturri FJ, Hansen HJ, Chang CH. Properties and structure-function relationships of veltuzumab (hA20), a humanized anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody. Blood. 2009 Jan 29;113(5):1062-70. Epub 2008 Oct 21. link to original article PubMed
- Morschhauser F, Leonard JP, Fayad L, Coiffier B, Petillon MO, Coleman M, Schuster SJ, Dyer MJ, Horne H, Teoh N, Wegener WA, Goldenberg DM. Humanized anti-CD20 antibody, veltuzumab, in refractory/recurrent non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: phase I/II results. J Clin Oncol. 2009 Jul 10;27(20):3346-53. Epub 2009 May 18. link to original article PubMed
- Goldenberg DM, Morschhauser F, Wegener WA. Veltuzumab (humanized anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody): characterization, current clinical results, and future prospects. Leuk Lymphoma. 2010 May;51(5):747-55. link to original article PubMed
- Negrea GO, Elstrom R, Allen SL, Rai KR, Abbasi RM, Farber CM, Teoh N, Horne H, Wegener WA, Goldenberg DM. Subcutaneous injections of low-dose veltuzumab (humanized anti-CD20 antibody) are safe and active in patients with indolent non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Haematologica. 2011 Apr;96(4):567-73. Epub 2010 Dec 20. link to original article PubMed