University of Massachusetts Hematology Oncology Fellowship
For information about other programs, please visit the Hematology Oncology Fellowship Programs Directory.
People affiliated with this program are cordially invited to add additional information.
"The Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology offers several fellowship training opportunities. Each program focuses on teaching the most cutting-edge practices related to research and clinical medicine, while encouraging fellows to take advantage of the collaborative environment at UCSF and the Helen Diller Comprehensive Cancer Center to prepare them for successful academic careers. We believe training future leaders in hematology and oncology is our responsibility and contributes to the vitality and advancement of the field."
Name: University of Massachusetts Hematology Oncology Fellowship
Fellowship program website: http://www.umassmed.edu/hema_oncology/fellowship/
ACGME ID: 1552421075
- Program Director: Venu Bathini, MD
- Associate Program Director: Bradley Switzer, MD
UMass Medical School
55 Lake Ave North
Worcester, MA 01655
Phone: (774) 443-7433
Fax: (774) 443-2298
Application process and requirements
- Applications accepted starting on:
- Application deadline:
- Applications submitted through ERAS
The following should be included:
- Common Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal statement
- Three letters of recommendations preferably by Hematology-Oncology professors
- Deans Letter
- USMLE or COMLEX Scores
For International Medical Graduates:
- Valid ECFMG certificate
- Scores of Parts I, II and III & USMLE or COMLEX
- Clinical experience in internal medicine in the United States (or Canada if Canadian citizen)
- Fluency in spoken and written English since communication skills are the core of internal medicine and Hematology-Oncology
- Good USMLE scores
- Letters of recommendations from U.S. physicians familiar with applicant's work preferably in Hematology-Oncology
- Accepts J1 visa, will very rarely sponsor H1-B visa
- Number of fellowship positions available per year:
- Board certification eligibility upon fellowship completion: Hematology and Oncology
- Length of fellowship: 3 years
Affiliated medical facilities
Testimonials from fellows are welcome. If you are a current or former fellow and would be willing to answer questions from applicants, please tell us and sign up for a free account so you can be listed here. Your email address will not be shared--messages will be sent through the site directly to the email address you provide us.
To be listed by fellowship program.