University of California (San Diego) Hematology Oncology Fellowship
For information about other programs, please visit the Hematology Oncology Fellowship Programs Directory.
People affiliated with this program are cordially invited to add additional information.
"The Hematology-Oncology Fellowship Training Program at UC San Diego is a fully integrated program including hematology, oncology, and bone marrow transplantation. It is 3 years in duration and is designed to prepare Fellows for careers in the academic field of their choice."
Name: University of California (San Diego) Hematology Oncology Fellowship
ACGME ID: 1550512007
- Program Director: Sanford J. Shattil, MD
Email: [email protected]
Application process and requirements
- Applications accepted starting on:
- Application deadline:
- Applications submitted through ERAS
- Interviews in October
- U.S. Citizens and U.S. Permanent Residents
- Completed application
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Three letters of recommendation; one must be from current Program Director
- Medical School transcripts, USMLE transcripts, and Dean’s letter
- Number of fellowship positions available per year: 4
- Board certification eligibility upon fellowship completion: Hematology and Oncology
- Length of fellowship: 3 years
Affiliated medical facilities
- UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center
- UC San Diego Hospital at Hillcrest, San Diego
- John M. and Sally B. Thornton Hospital, La Jolla
- VA San Diego Healthcare System, La Jolla
- Owen Clinic
- Sulpizio Family Cardiovascular Center (CVC)
Testimonials from fellows are welcome. If you are a current or former fellow and would be willing to answer questions from applicants, please tell us and sign up for a free account so you can be listed here. Your email address will not be shared--messages will be sent through the site directly to the email address you provide us.
To be listed by fellowship program.