University of California (Irvine) Hematology Oncology Fellowship
For information about other programs, please visit the Hematology Oncology Fellowship Programs Directory.
People affiliated with this program are cordially invited to add additional information.
"The Division of Hematology/Oncology at UC Irvine's School of Medicine offers a rigorous three-year accredited fellowship program that emphasizes intensive theoretical training and a broad spectrum of clinical experience with the goal of preparing highly skilled hematologists and oncologists for careers in both clinical and academic medicine."
Name: University of California (Irvine) Hematology Oncology Fellowship
Fellowship program website: https://www.medicine.uci.edu/hematology/fellowship.asp
ACGME ID: 1550521136
- Program Director: Dr. Jason Zell
- Associate Program Director: Dr. Chaitali Nangia
- Division Chief: Dr. Edward Nelson
Phone: 714-456-6589 or 714-456-5153
Email: [email protected]
The Division of Hematology/Oncology
UC Irvine Medical Center
101 The City Drive South
Building 56, Route 81, Room #246V
Orange, CA 92868
Application process and requirements
- Applications accepted starting on:
- Application deadline:
- Applications submitted through ERAS
- U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or have a J-1 visa with ECFMG sponsorship
- Completed three-year residency program in an Internal Medicine program recognized by ACGME and the ABIM.
- "Applicants also should be able to demonstrate their interest in the subspecialties of hematology and oncology."
- Will need to have valid California medical license before beginning the fellowship program
- Number of fellowship positions available per year:
- Board certification eligibility upon fellowship completion: Hematology and Oncology
- Length of fellowship: 3 years
Affiliated medical facilities
- UC Irvine Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
- UC Irvine Medical Center
- VA Long Beach Healthcare System
Testimonials from fellows are welcome. If you are a current or former fellow and would be willing to answer questions from applicants, please tell us and sign up for a free account so you can be listed here. Your email address will not be shared--messages will be sent through the site directly to the email address you provide us.
To be listed by fellowship program.
- Dr. Rita Mehta
- Dr. Tara Seery