For conciseness and simplicity, HemOnc.org currently will focus on treatment regimens and not list information such as: renal/hepatic dose adjustments, metabolism (including CYP450), excretion, monitoring parameters (although this will be considered for checklists), or manufacturer. Instead, for the most current information, please refer to your preferred pharmacopeias such as Micromedex, Lexicomp, UpToDate (courtesy of Lexicomp), or the prescribing information.
Diseases for which it is used
Patient drug information
- Patient counseling information can be found in the package insert
- Goserelin (Zoladex) patient drug information (Chemocare)
- Goserelin (Zoladex) patient drug information (UpToDate)
History of changes in FDA indication
- 1989-12-29: Initial FDA approval for palliative treatment of advanced carcinoma of the prostate. (Based on Pilepich et al. 1995)
History of changes in EMA indication
The approval of this drug pre-dates the EMA.
- 1987-05-12: EURD
History of changes in PMDA indication
- 2014-03-17: New additional indication for the treatment of premenopausal breast cancer.
Also known as
- Generic name: goserelin acetate
- Brand names: Novgos, Zoladex