Example orders for Panitumumab (Vectibix) in colon cancer
Remember that example order sets that may contain additional information about supportive medications, suggestions for monitoring, hydration, and pre-treatment screening information for chemotherapy regimens are purely anecdotal, provided only as examples of what some other providers may be using, and are typically not based on references in the primary literature.
Original references may be found at Panitumumab (Vectibix)
Example regimen #1
- Panitumumab (Vectibix) 6 mg/kg IV over 60 minutes on day 1
- Use 0.22 micron non-DEHP/paclitaxel tubing.
- 500 ml NS at KVO rate as running IV for chemotherapy infusion. Give up to 500 ml NS.
- Hold if ANC <1000 or platelets <100 and notify physician.
- Check magnesium prior to each dose of panitumumab