Class/mechanism: Clusterin inhibitor. Clusterin is upregulated in cancer cells in response to antineoplastic treatment and is hypothesized to play a role in cancer cell survival and treatment resistance. Increased clusterin production has been associated with increased rates of progression, treatment resistance, and shorter survival. Inhibiting clusterin is hypothesized to decrease the rates of tumor growth and resistance to other treatments.
Extravasation: no information
For conciseness and simplicity, HemOnc.org currently will focus on treatment regimens and not list information such as: renal/hepatic dose adjustments, metabolism (including CYP450), excretion, monitoring parameters (although this will be considered for checklists), or manufacturer. Instead, for the most current information, please refer to your preferred pharmacopeias such as Micromedex, Lexicomp, UpToDate (courtesy of Lexicomp), or the prescribing information.
- Laskin JJ, Nicholas G, Lee C, Gitlitz B, Vincent M, Cormier Y, Stephenson J, Ung Y, Sanborn R, Pressnail B, Nugent F, Nemunaitis J, Gleave ME, Murray N, Hao D. Phase I/II trial of custirsen (OGX-011), an inhibitor of clusterin, in combination with a gemcitabine and platinum regimen in patients with previously untreated advanced non-small cell lung cancer. J Thorac Oncol. 2012 Mar;7(3):579-86. doi: 10.1097/JTO.0b013e31823f459c. PubMed
- Saad F, Hotte S, North S, Eigl B, Chi K, Czaykowski P, Wood L, Pollak M, Berry S, Lattouf JB, Mukherjee SD, Gleave M, Winquist E; Canadian Uro-Oncology Group. Randomized phase II trial of Custirsen (OGX-011) in combination with docetaxel or mitoxantrone as second-line therapy in patients with metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer progressing after first-line docetaxel: CUOG trial P-06c. Clin Cancer Res. 2011 Sep 1;17(17):5765-73. doi: 10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-11-0859. Epub 2011 Jul 25. PubMed
- Comparison of Cabazitaxel/Prednisone Alone or in Combination With Custirsen for 2nd Line Chemotherapy in Prostate Cancer (AFFINITY)
- Comparison of Docetaxel/Prednisone to Docetaxel/Prednisone in Combination With OGX-011 in Men With Prostate Cancer (SYNERGY)
- A Multinational, Randomized, Open-Label Study of Custirsen In Patients With Advanced or Metastatic (Stage IV) Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
Patient drug information
No information available.