Is there a regimen missing from this list? Would you like to share a different dosage/schedule or an additional reference for a regimen? Have you noticed an error? Do you have an idea that will help the site grow to better meet your needs and the needs of many others? You are invited to contribute to the site.
|James L. Chen, MD, MS|
- 1 Guidelines
- 2 Chondrosarcoma, all lines of therapy
- 3 Ewing's sarcoma, all lines of therapy
- 4 Giant-cell tumor of bone, all lines of therapy
- 5 Malignant fibrous histiocytoma (MFH) of bone, all lines of therapy
- 6 Osteosarcoma, all lines of therapy
Note: this page is a gathering place for the 10+ subtypes of bone sarcoma. Subtypes with substantial numbers of regimens will be moved to their own pages, with links preserved here.
Chondrosarcoma, all lines of therapy
- No standard chemotherapy for grades 1 to 3 conventional chondrosarcoma
- Mesenchymal chondrosarcoma has been treated with Ewing's sarcoma regimens
- Dedifferentiated chondrosarcoma has been treated with osteosarcoma regimens
Ewing's sarcoma, all lines of therapy
- Please see the dedicated Ewing's sarcoma page.
Giant-cell tumor of bone, all lines of therapy
|back to top|
|Thomas et. al 2010||Phase II|
- Denosumab (Xgeva) as follows:
- Cycle 1: 120 mg SC once per day on days 1, 8, 15
- Cycle 2 onwards: 120 mg SC once on day 1
- Calcium 500 mg PO once per day
- Vitamin D 400 IU PO once per day
28-day cycles, given until complete tumor resection, progression of disease, or patient choice
- Thomas D, Henshaw R, Skubitz K, Chawla S, Staddon A, Blay JY, Roudier M, Smith J, Ye Z, Sohn W, Dansey R, Jun S. Denosumab in patients with giant-cell tumour of bone: an open-label, phase 2 study. Lancet Oncol. 2010 Mar;11(3):275-80. link to original article contains verified protocol PubMed
Malignant fibrous histiocytoma (MFH) of bone, all lines of therapy
- Malignant fibrous histiocytoma (MFH) of bone has been treated with osteosarcoma regimens
Osteosarcoma, all lines of therapy
- Please see the dedicated osteosarcoma page.