For conciseness and simplicity, HemOnc.org currently will focus on treatment regimens and not list information such as: renal/hepatic dose adjustments, metabolism (including CYP450), excretion, monitoring parameters (although this will be considered for checklists), or manufacturer. Instead, for the most current information, please refer to your preferred pharmacopeias such as Micromedex, Lexicomp, MedscapeUpToDate (courtesy of Lexicomp), or the prescribing information.
Diseases for which it is used
Patient drug information
- Bicalutamide (Casodex) package insert
- Bicalutamide (Casodex) patient drug information (Chemocare)
- Bicalutamide (Casodex) patient drug information (UpToDate)
History of changes in FDA indication
- 10/4/1995: Initial FDA approval for use in combination therapy with a luteinizing-hormone releasing hormone (LHRH) analogue for the treatment of advanced prostate cancer
- 5/11/2005: Indicated for use in combination therapy with a luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone (LHRH) analogue for the treatment of Stage D2 metastatic carcinoma of the prostate.
Also known as
- Brand names: Casodex, Cosudex, Calutide, Kalumid