For conciseness and simplicity, HemOnc.org currently will focus on treatment regimens and not list information such as: renal/hepatic dose adjustments, metabolism (including CYP450), excretion, monitoring parameters (although this will be considered for checklists), or manufacturer. Instead, for the most current information, please refer to your preferred pharmacopeias such as Micromedex, Lexicomp, Medscape,UpToDate (courtesy of Lexicomp), or the prescribing information.
Diseases for which it is used
Patient drug information
- Altretamine (Hexalen) patient drug information (Chemocare)
- Altretamine (Hexalen) patient drug information (UpToDate)
History of changes in FDA indication
- 1990-12-26: Initial FDA approval. Indicated for use as a single agent in the palliative treatment of patients with persistent or recurrent ovarian cancer following first-line therapy with a cisplatin and/or alkylating agent-based combination.
History of changes in EMA indication
- 1979-01-22: EURD
Also known as
- Generic names: hexamethylmelamine, HMM
- Brand name: Hexalen, Hexastat