HemOnc.org - A Free Hematology/Oncology Reference
Created as a knowledge base for hematology & oncology providers, HemOnc.org is a collaborative wiki containing details about 100s of hematology/oncology drugs, and 1000s of antineoplastic regimens. Content is added by hematology & oncology providers, and undergoes continuous peer review.
Desktop Version of HemOnc.org | Mobile (phone/tablet) Version of HemOnc.org
How to add a HemOnc.org shortcut to your mobile device's home screen
Any information that one feels would be helpful to other oncology providers is welcome. Visit how to contribute for more details. Priorities of this project include:
- Creating a database of chemotherapy agents and other medications.
- Creating a database of chemotherapy regimens and references to primary literature (PubMed and direct links to the abstracts/full articles).
- Sample order sets and examples of supportive medications used with treatment regimens
- Aggregating useful links to existing resources by disease, such as information about prognosis, clinical calculators, staging, and patient resources.
Additional possibilities for this project may include:
- Creating summaries of pivotal clinical trials
- Establishing homepages for ongoing clinical trials that contain information and sites of participation
- Checklists for common clinical scenarios/diseases
- Creating checklists that can be used for patients starting therapy with particular regimens, such as laboratory & imaging (e.g. echocardiogram, PFTs) parameters to monitor and informed consent/discussion of side effects
The field of hematology/oncology is ever-changing, and our hope is that other people will be interested in contributing to make it an increasingly more useful resource. The rapidly evolving nature of the practice demands a more dynamic medium than existing resources can provide and would benefit from being able to be updated in real-time from virtually any computer with internet access. We believe that the familiar format of a Wiki, made popular by sites such as Wikipedia, will significantly help ease-of-use and navigation.
If you would like to contribute, please create an account in the upper right corner, and send a message to email@example.com so that your account can be set up with the necessary rights. Due to the sensitive nature of the information contained within this site, unverified users will not be allowed to edit articles.