Use of this site is subject to you reading and agreeing with the terms set forth in the disclaimer.
Is there a regimen missing from this list? Would you like to share a different dosage/schedule or an additional reference for a regimen? Have you noticed an error? Do you have an idea that will help the site grow to better meet your needs and the needs of many others? You are invited to contribute to the site.
Chemotherapy & radiation therapy
Fluorouracil (5-FU), Mitomycin (Mutamycin), radiation therapy
- Fluorouracil (5-FU) 1000 mg/m2/day IV continuous infusion on days 1-4 and 29-32
- Mitomycin (Mutamycin) 10 mg/m2 (maximum of 20mg per dose) IV bolus on days 1 & 29
- Concurrent radiation therapy; at a minimum: 1.8 Gy per day, 5 days per week; 25 fractions given over 5 weeks total for a total of 45 Gy
- Ajani JA, Winter KA, Gunderson LL, Pedersen J, Benson AB 3rd, Thomas CR Jr, Mayer RJ, Haddock MG, Rich TA, Willett C. Fluorouracil, mitomycin, and radiotherapy vs fluorouracil, cisplatin, and radiotherapy for carcinoma of the anal canal: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA. 2008 Apr 23;299(16):1914-21. link to original article contains protocol PubMed
Fluorouracil (5-FU), Cisplatin (Platinol)
- Fluorouracil (5-FU) 1000 mg/m2/day IV continuous infusion on days 1-5
- Cisplatin (Platinol) 100 mg/m2 IV on day 2
- Faivre C, Rougier P, Ducreux M, Mitry E, Lusinchi A, Lasser P, Elias D, Eschwege F. [5-fluorouracile and cisplatinum combination chemotherapy for metastatic squamous-cell anal cancer]. [Article in French] Bull Cancer. 1999 Oct;86(10):861-5. link to original article & English summary contains protocol PubMed