Example orders for CapeOx (XELOX) in colon cancer
Use of this site is subject to you reading and agreeing with the terms set forth in the disclaimer.
CapeOX: Capecitabine, OXaliplatin
XELOX: XELoda, OXaliplatin
Example regimen #1
- Capecitabine (Xeloda) 1000 mg/m2 PO BID on days 1-14
- Oxaliplatin (Eloxatin) 130 mg/m2 IV over 2 hours on day 1
- Mix in 500 mL D5W, and only infuse through D5W line.
21-day cycles x 8 cycles for adjuvant therapy; in metastatic settings, given until progression of disease or unacceptable toxicity
- Ondansetron (Zofran) 8 mg IV 30 minutes prior to chemotherapy
- Dexamethasone (Decadron) 10 mg IV 30 minutes prior to chemotherapy
- Calcium gluconate 1 g & magnesium sulfate 1 g (admixed together) IV, given over 30 minutes, to start prior to oxaliplatin to decrease likelihood of neuropathy
- Calcium gluconate 1 g & magnesium sulfate 1 g (admixed together) IV, given over 30 minutes, to start after oxaliplatin infusion is complete to decrease likelihood of neuropathy
- 500 ml D5W at KVO rate as running IV for chemotherapy infusion. Give up to 500 ml D5W.
- Hold if ANC <1000 or platelets <100 and notify physician.
- My institution uses the schedule described by Haller, et al. 2011.