For conciseness and simplicity, HemOnc.org currently will focus on treatment regimens and not list information such as: renal/hepatic dose adjustments, metabolism (including CYP450), excretion, monitoring parameters (although this will be considered for checklists), or manufacturer. Instead, for the most current information, please refer to your preferred pharmacopeias such as Micromedex, Lexicomp, UpToDate (courtesy of Lexicomp), or the prescribing information.
Diseases for which it is used
Patient drug information
History of changes in FDA indication
- 4/25/2002: Initial FDA approval for the treatment of hormone receptor positive metastatic breast cancer in postmenopausal women with disease progression following antiestrogen therapy.
- 3/2/2016: Approved for the treatment of HR-positive, human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2)-negative advanced or metastatic breast cancer in combination with palbociclib in women with disease progression after endocrine therapy.
- 8/25/2017: Approved for a new indication as monotherapy for the treatment of hormone receptor (HR) positive, human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2)-negative advanced breast cancer in postmenopausal women not previously treated with endocrine therapy.
- 11/14/2017: Approved for treatment of HR-positive, HER2-negative advanced or metastatic breast cancer in combination with abemaciclib in women with disease progression after endocrine therapy.
- 3/11/2019: Approved for the treatment of HR-positive, HER2-negative advanced or metastatic breast cancer in postmenopausal women, in combination with ribociclib, as initial endocrine based therapy or following disease progression on endocrine therapy.
Also known as
- Code names: ICI 182780, ZD9238
- Brand names: Faslodex, Fasnorm, Fulvenat, Fulvidax, Fuvestrol