Example orders for simplified biweekly 5-FU & leucovorin (sLV5FU2) in colon cancer
Use of this site is subject to you reading and agreeing with the terms set forth in the disclaimer.
Simplified biweekly 5-FU & leucovorin (sLV5FU2)
Original references may be found at simplified biweekly 5-FU & leucovorin (sLV5FU2)
Example regimen #1
- Folinic acid (Leucovorin) 400 mg/m2 IV over 2 hours on days 1 & 15, given first
- Fluorouracil (5-FU) 400 mg/m2 IV bolus over 10-15 minutes on day 1 after leucovorin
- Fluorouracil (5-FU) 1200 mg/m2/day (total dose of 2400 mg/m2) IV continuous infusion over 46 hours on days 1-2, to start after 5-FU bolus
- Dexamethasone (Decadron) 12 mg PO 30 minutes prior to chemotherapy
- Ondansetron (Zofran) 16 mg IV 30 minutes prior to chemotherapy
- Lorazepam (Ativan) 0.5-1 mg PO prn nausea/anxiety, given 30 minutes prior to chemotherapy
- 500 ml D5W at KVO rate as running IV for chemotherapy infusion. Give up to 500 ml D5W.
- Hold if ANC <1500 or platelets <75 and notify physician.
- Comprehensive metabolic panel (chem 10 & LFTs) before each treatment
- Monitor for possible hand-foot syndrome
- Assess for mucositis at every visit
- My institution administers this regimen in 28-day cycles.